In collaboration with several research institutions, universities and partners in the industry, Scheller Technology GmbH develops innovative IT solutions in the context of nationwide and international R&D projects. Our main research fields are:
By initiating, coordinating and participating in research and development projects, STN has granted strong competences in the field of R&D and thus, acquired a capacity for innovation and know-how. This enables us to match the current market needs thanks to our ultra-modern business solutions.
Smart Morphing & Sensing for aeronautical configurations
EU: H2020-MG-1.1.2016: 2016-2020
The Smart Morphing & Sensing (SMS) project is a multi-disciplinary upstream project that employs intelligent electro-active actuators that will modify the lifting structure of an aircraft and to obtain the optimum shape with respect to the aerodynamic performance (high lift & low drag). This will be accomplished using a new generation of fiber optics based sensors allowing distributed pressure measurements and in-situ real-time optimisation of the aerodynamic characteristics. This will allow to attenuation of flow separation and nuisance instabilities such as aileron flutter and also to reduce trailing-edge noise and other vibration sources in flight, coming from interactions between wing and fuselage and engine or from critical meteorological phenomena as gusts, having major impact on safety. The SMS project associates the following methods that will be coupled in a multi-disciplinary environment:
- Advanced integrated aeroelastic design using High-Fidelity CFDSM (Computational Fluid Dynamics-Structural Mechanics)
- Advanced distributed sensing using a new generation of high-fidelity fiber optics sensors
- Advanced experimental techniques to provide data together with the high-fidelity simulations for the iterative feedback of the controller design to be used for the optimisation of the morphing flap of an A320 type wing. These experimental techniques will also be used as a basis for the validation of both the novel actuation and sensing systems via wind tunnel tests at subsonic (take-off and landing) and transonic (cruise) speeds.
- Controller Design by appropriate Flight Control Commands (FCC), to actuate the electro-active materials properties in order to enable a real-time in-situ optimisation of the final prototypes in reduced scale and large scale.
- The SMS project is unique thanks to its strong multidisciplinary character and degree of innovation.
Increase Airport capacity and safety using the european GNSS
EU: H2020-Galileo-2014-1-EGNSS Applications: 2015-2018
The main objectives of the project e-Airport are:
- The development of an Airport Operational monitors based on the use of the European satellite navigation system GNSS to increase the efficiency and safety of airport and air cargo services.
- The applications are demonstrated in two European airports. are
- Installed et al also the smartphone-based sensor system “Mobile4i” of Scheller Technology GmbH .
Symbiotic bio-energy integration in ports and port cities by 2020
EU: IEE - Intelligent Energy Europe - 2014-2016
The EPIC2020 project supported in various ways to use the most efficient available bioenergy resources in ports and port regions. To generate a sustainable economic and urban growth ports and regional businesses aimed at sustainable use of unused bioenergy potential. Intelligent and mobile information systems support to find and merge bioenergy resources with consumers.
Development of an IT-based platform for merging of regional resource requirements and land-based sustainable resource production
EU: ERA-NET Bio energy - 2013-2015
The aim of the Regional Power project is to develop a prototype of an innovative software platform for merging of regional Ressorcenbedarfs industry (wood products, bioenergy resources) and sustainable land-based biomass production.
Improve cooperation along the wood value chain through knowledge-based methods and mobile applications
EU: ERA-NET Bio energy - 2013-2015
The aim of the Wood Apps project is to develop a pilot solution of an information and communication service platform for connecting the partner of an international value chain from forest to factory.
The IT-based standard description of partner profiles, resources, materials and products such as the knowledge-based methods and algorithms improve partner communication and the exchange of relevant information. The use of mobile communications systems in the value chain supports a direct use of the communication platform in mobile- and outdoor use.
Intermodal Transport Routing Information System
As part of IMOTRIS an automated Intermodal Transport Routing Information System is developed. In this optimal routes for goods / Gutarten considering capacity, availability, speed, price, and environmental aspects are automatically calculated and offered.
Automated timber measurement
BioStruct is a large joint research project, which is funded by the European Commission. The aim of the project is to develop the next generation of wood and cellulose fiber-reinforced composites -. So-called "enhanced wood-plastic composites (eWPCs)
As part of GNSS-INDOOR are various technologies for positioning and navigation in different types of buildings and their direct environment extensively studied, tested and demon-strated. The focus is on different system architectures for logistics, security and mass-market applications.
The aim of the project is the development of methods for exchanging structured digital information by means of a system and location-independent information platform (EIP).
The main goal of this project is the creation of innovative tools for the product development (virtual reality, tele co-operation, simulation) and its integration and introduction in the ship building industry.